• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EasyTune4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

poopyman67

Registered
Anyone know if this thing is worth trying?? I'm not yet sure if I wanna overclock, but I would like to get some more performance from my system. SInce Gigabytes got this EasyTUne, Im thinking of trying that, but I'm not sure if its the way to go, it seems kinda hard to use, and I tried it once, and it froze my computer-bu then again, I accidentally bumped my FSB from 200-205, instead of 200-202)... I heard 2mhz are the best increments to go....

@ poopyman67 My personal experience is to OC your system without the help of that software (EasyTune 4) I found that software flaky at best and you can get better results by O/Cing at the BIOS level. Just my own experience...

Last edited:
but for a newb to ocing, it was very useful to help me get into the world of ocing. i used it(and these forums) to figure out what everything did and how far i could go. then i moved on to use the bios once i was confident i knew what everything was.

@ ZIP22 I fully agree with you zip but I think that the program is to unstable for my liking, and I have heard to many stories about things going wrong with this program and thats why I suggested what I did. Don't get me wrong EasyTune4 is a good program for newbs but I also tought that poppyman67 had had some experience with O/Cing. I also seem to recall somewhere on this board that someone had tryed to use this program and ended up doing more damage to his board and processor and ended up having to replace both. I will try to find that thread for you and you can judge for yourself. I hope this shortcut works, check it out...

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=240633&highlight=EasyTune4

Last edited:
it doesn't say it does damage in that thread, but i agree it isnt the best program. when i installed it, the shortcut it made didn't link to the program correctly, i had to run the program from the folder

it seems that ocing the fsb is the best way to go. So I think all I'll do is that, however, when I oc the fsb, do I also need to up anything else(ie:voltages and such)?? I'm using EasyTune and its changing the AGP and RAM speeds while also changing their voltages.

BTW: what is the difference between asychronous, linear, and divider-i dont think this has anything to really do with it, EasyTune just has it in the same area....

Are there any other settings i would also need to change while in the BIOS?? I've tried looking for a good tutorial, but haven't really found one for my mobo(GA-8KNXP)

@ poopyman67 Take a look at the link http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=263753

This will give you some pretty good advice for O/Cing. There are other sticky notes you can find to help you along. Good luck and let us know how you're doing...

To your question #1 Yes you will have to balance every step to match the O/Cing that you want to do. A word of advice is "set a goal for how far you want to go. Most people want to go to the limit, I found that that is a little risky. Be satisfied what a good O/Cing and your machine will do well. I have been running my machine with the O/Cing noted in my sig, for (9) nine months or so and it's still running like a clock.

Last edited:
I'm using EasyTune and its changing the AGP and RAM speeds while also changing their voltages.
It’s changing the voltages? I do NOT remember it doing that when I tried it for a short time, I ultimately didn’t like it. But I do not like the sound of a software program controlling the voltages as that probably stresses the system the most when overclocking. If you can take the time to read up on overclocking, using the bios is really the best way to go.

Last edited:
thx, that guide helped figure some stuff out for me, however, how do you know how much to raise the voltage and other stuff for your fsb?? is there some sort of equation or guesswork?? the guide helps, but doesn't really tell you how to go about doing the actual ocing.

If someone could direct me to a step by step guide on how to oc, along with the reasoning behind the steps(like upping the voltage and how much) it would be greatly appreciated!! THX!

Last edited:
Thanks, however, that doesn't quite answer my question. I'm talking about small voltage changes that you make to the CPU when you oc it. Ones you can do within the BIOS. I just need to know the common rules of ocing, like if i raise the fsb 20mhz, how much do i raise the cpu voltage, what can I expect the cpu clock 2 be at, and what other things do I need to change? Simple n00b stuff.

Depending what you are overclocking either the Memory of FSB, only raise the volts after you've increased the FSB or lowered the Memory timings till you can't boot. Then increase the VCore and try again. There is always limit. I personally don't tocuh the volts at all and get a 500mhz overclock. My finicky board is holding me back not the CPU.

I'm going 2 oc the fsb. so, i was wondering, at what point would i need to set the ram ratio to 5:4, instead of keeping it at 1:1? And what is up with the memory timings, how do those affect the oc? thx!

Back