• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR Voltage (Kingston)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Syphere

I am running PC3200 Kingston ValueRAM with the BH-5 Winbond chips. I am still testing for stability but timings are 2T-2-2-5. The memory is getting warm. I have some nice copper heatspreaders arriving tommorow (hopefully they help). What should my voltage be?

Edit: I have the memory running at 400Mhz.

i would test them at 2.8 2.9. once u hit a wall up the voltage. the key is to run them as hi as u can, with the least voltage to maintain stability...

I'd say crank it! I've got Kingston hyperx CH-5 running at 2.9V... warm, yes, but fast and tight ;)

(and it's not so hot i could fry eggs/skin on the heatspreaders or anything :D)

logo29a said:
Unless I am mistaken, Kingston ValueRAM never used Windbond BH-5 chips.

Must mean I am special. I originally had purchased Kingston ValueRAM with Samsung chips (I think it was Samsung, sure it wasn't Winbond) but they were giving off errors because of a revision issue with my motherboard. I RMA'd through Kingston and they sent me BH-5 Winbond chips.

Syphere said:

Must mean I am special. I originally had purchased Kingston ValueRAM with Samsung chips (I think it was Samsung, sure it wasn't Winbond) but they were giving off errors because of a revision issue with my motherboard. I RMA'd through Kingston and they sent me BH-5 Winbond chips.

If they are bh5 you are one lucky !@#$%^& :D

Back