• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How are u able to tell what....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dalilman52

ok...im planning on buying better memory soon, this pc2100 ram really sucks...so how do u tell if a stick of memory is bh-5 or bh-6 or whatever, are there like little numbers on the chips themselves, or is there some sort of scret "code" :)

It's on the chips, I think it's at the end of the model number or something. I have some PC3200 Kingston ValueRAM (cheap stuff) running at 400Mhz with 2-2-2-5 timings, BH-5 Winbond chips. Heatspreaders come tommorow. I love this memory.

On a side note, you also may want to throw a new CPU in. Mobile 2500+ Bartons are OCing well. :cool:

well ok, now that i know that, i prolly need a visual example (i want pix!!!) to know exactly what u are talking bout

thx speedmechanic :D those pics were really helpful

quick question, what are good makers of ram, like hynix, infineon, what are good chips?

Back