• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question about the KT333 and memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

warlock110

i have a KT333 board and it says it would take DDR 2700 on it, but i want to OC a little, and DDR2700 is just going to bottle neck my XP2500. so i decided i would buy something like PC3200, any one with this chip set able to put a PC3200 stick on to make it work? thanks.

Sure, it works great. If you don't manage to get much of an FSB bump, you can at least run the PC3200 at higher timings when running it at PC2700. AFAIK all DDR is backwards compatible to slower FSB's.

warlock110 said:
i have a KT333 board and it says it would take DDR 2700 on it, but i want to OC a little, and DDR2700 is just going to bottle neck my XP2500. so i decided i would buy something like PC3200, any one with this chip set able to put a PC3200 stick on to make it work? thanks.

Just watch out for the PCI Mhz on this board since it doesnt have a PCI lock...

What KT333 board is it?

Re: Re: question about the KT333 and memory

glock19owner said:

Just watch out for the PCI Mhz on this board since it doesnt have a PCI lock...

What KT333 board is it?

hehe lame ECS K7TVA3, atleast it's V8 so i'm planning to hit 175 or 180 mhz at the tightest timing. hopefully it'll work, it's got a 1/5 divider so PCI at 180mhz will only be 35.5 not too much of an increase :)

Re: Re: Re: question about the KT333 and memory

Lan_Of_Malkier said:

Just worked on a buddies ABIT KT333 that has PCI lock ;)

Sorry, but you are mistaken. No Via chipset to date has had an AGP or PCI lock.

I'm not sure about the overclocking options on that board warlock, but the KT333 is capable of more than many give it credit for. See my signature.

Re: Re: Re: Re: question about the KT333 and memory

Lan_Of_Malkier said:
Just worked on a buddies ABIT KT333 that has PCI lock ;)

repo man11 said:

Repo is correct, no AMD motherboard except for certain NF2 and NF3 motherboards have the PCI lock.

Via is still working on the PCI lock issue.

Re: Re: Re: Re: question about the KT333 and memory

repo man11 said:

I'm not sure about the overclocking options on that board warlock, but the KT333 is capable of more than many give it credit for. See my signature.

oh it's got OC option alright, i've built one and OC on my friend's XP 2400. but i'm using a barton on mine, dam, u can hit 200+mhz on ur KT333, that's awsome man, did the 1/6 divider kicked in at 200 mhz?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: question about the KT333 and memory

warlock110 said:
oh it's got OC option alright, i've built one and OC on my friend's XP 2400. but i'm using a barton on mine, dam, u can hit 200+mhz on ur KT333, that's awsome man, did the 1/6 divider kicked in at 200 mhz?

There was only one KT333 that had a working 1/6 divider...cant remember if it was the MSI or Gigabyte MB...and even then it barely worked...most KT333's could do around 190 or so...and if you have a really good HD that can handle some high Mhz...then it is possible to hit 200FSB+ without the 1/6 divider...

This is the first I've heard of the KT333 having a 1/6 divisor. It certainly doesn't on my board. Are you sure you guys aren't thinking of the KT600? That is the only Via chipset I've heard of having a 1/6 divisor.

I've been running over 200 MHz FSB since last November with no problems.

repo man11 said:
This is the first I've heard of the KT333 having a 1/6 divisor. It certainly doesn't on my board. Are you sure you guys aren't thinking of the KT600? That is the only Via chipset I've heard of having a 1/6 divisor.

I've been running over 200 MHz FSB since last November with no problems.

There was one board that was supposed to have a 1/6 divider...but neither VR Zone or AMDZone was ever able to get it too work...

and that was a typeo on my part...that should of been NEVER worked, not barely...

Back