• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin3500lvl.2/Corsair 3200LLPro/Corsair3500. Which one should I choose?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RB26DETTGT_R

Registered
Hey guys.

after sorting out the type of ram to go with my Athlon64 3400+, i have settled on either one of these three:

1.Mushkin Black level 2 pc3500
2. Corsair XMS3200LLPro
3. Corsair XMS3500

I know that the mushkin has the BH-5 modules, and im pretty sure the XMS3500 has them too, but what about the 3200LLPro?

Also, would it be a huge difference for 1 gig of DDR rather than 512, as the system will be mostly used for games. I was leaning towards Corsair, but now I have been hearing heaps about these mushkins. Are they around the same price as the corsairs?

Also, do you think that either an Asus K8V Deluxe or a gigabyte K8VNXP would be better? I wanna overclock as much as I can on stock cooling (maybe upgrade to water soon), so which out of the 2 is the better?

Thanks guys :D

CH-5 for the Pro, i have some. Both are about the same price. When i was going to buy ram i had a look at mushkin and ocz and in the end i went for corsdair because of loads of good reviews. I could not find many reviews of the mushkins that i was looking at (pc3200 cas 222 special) so i was not am still not sure how they overclock. I have seen the corsair 3500 (bh-5) do 240@2-2-2-#. I was quite sure that there was not bh-5 left :(. I would go for the pc3500 and get a gb as many games i have allready take up over 512, so i am glad that i got a gb and i hope that you do to. 2x256 overclocks best btw.

U mean BH-5 for the Pros, not CH-5?

I was looking at getting the XMS3500's, but can I pull off the same latencies as the 3200LL's? Also, using 3500, how much can I expect to overclock the CPU and the RAM (roughly)?

I was looking at some reviews, and the XMS3500C2's can do pretty tight latencies, like that of the 3200LLPro's. With these ones, I can run my CPU at higher speeds too, true? Or, would the m/b max out. Who thinks I would be better off getting the XMS3500C2 (2 sticks of 512MB) rather than the 3200LLPros or the Mushkin level II (which I think Might be too pricey)

Well, they will do 212 if you are luck with tight timings and according to many reviews (i have not been able to clock this high) with looser timings 240! is possible. If you want tight timings go for some Mushkin 222 special (2x512) it does cost a bit more but the timings are tight. BH-6 too. CH-5 is not as bad as people make out and i think that BH-5 is overated, IMHO.

Back