• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Probe temps, how high?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KrazyKevin

I've seen a few topics about the asus probe temps being off from what the cpu and board really are. So, while I"m o/cing, what should be the highest temp I want my P4 2.8c to be? I try to keep it below 50c. But I don't know how accurate asus probe is. Right now I have a 2.8c @ 235 fsb, 5:4, 2.5-3-3-5 and I ran the Prime 95 test through 4 tests just to get the temps up and it peaked right at 50c on the 2nd torture test and never climbed any higher. Is 50c on asus probe equal to about 55c actual? Someone line me out here plz...

Kevin

i ran the blend torture test 4 times on my pc and it got up to 50c with motherboard monitor.Im thinkin 50c is really as high as i want my cpu to go.Next step for me is to h2o cool the chip and get better ram.

get the newer version of asus probe, its just as accurate as mbm5... i use asus probe and aida32 :D

I compared the cpu temps from the asus probe to my bios and it seems on average it displays 5 degrees less than actual.

ciku said:
the latest probe? :)

Is this the latest?
Probe V2.21.07

The problem about the 8C-10C lower (from the real temperature) for the asusprob, is still there with this version?

ciku said:
hmm im using probe22206 from asus website... :D

I was looking at the site for it, but i didnt find it (my board is P4P800). Can you write here the link of this version? :burn:

ciku said:
ok, just got in, lemme know ur results :D

Well, i think i have the same results with previews versions (i think, because the summer is here and the weather is hot at these 2 last days, and i have a raise at my temperature - cpu, gpu). We have the same board, P4P800 deluxe. My cpu is intels 3Ghz HT.

Now i have 36c-39c idle -playing some mp3s and serfing the net- and when im out of 3dmark03, i have 41c-44c (but i think is a little more in reality). Hot days. Before a month, i was having about 27c-33c idle and when i was out of a game or 3dmark03 i was having 50c-52c (and cpu not overclocked - i have only change the thermal paste, with artic ceramique, on both cpu and northbrige). (I have air cooling, with 2 fans front, 2 fans back, 1 side fan and stock intel fan and heatsink, on an Antec True power 1080 pc case, 430W). Inside the case i have an Asus 9800XT with 2 fans. (im writing these, to see if im ok with the temperatures, or i'm wrong with them).

The difference i see with this version of Asus Probe, is that, my Cpu fan is now at 3400-3500 speed with q-fan from bios, at 15/16. Before, with the same settings, i was having 2500 speed at my fan, even with the temperature of cpu, at 44c and from the motherboard at 37c-40c (with the older version of Asus Probe). (The heatsink from cpu, is not very hot when i have some games running, so i belive, the temperature is close to the truth).

Case temp is now 37c-40c and my cpu temp is 30c-32c and im only serfing at the net (not playing mp3s or doing something else).

I think this version of Asus probe is ok, because i have the same results, from the bios temperature monitor.

(sorry for my bad English) :sn:

Last edited:
btw, put in ur settings or ur rig in ur sig so i would know what kind of pc u have :)

I noticed in ur sig u wrote... "Asus P4P800-Deluxe (v1017.02 beta)" for the deluxe version, i only see v1017.01 the v1017.02 is for the non-dlx... pls re-check ur bios, i think u flash ur mobo with the wrong one... :)

!

I have a P4C800 with Asus Probe and this thing is the most inaccurate thing in the world. I left my computer at idle for about an hour, go in Asus Probe, and it displays its at 69F for CPU and 60F more mobo (Its freezing here!). I was suprised how "low" the temps were. I go into bios....... its 78F. So basically, whenever you're using Asus Probe, tack on about 10F. That should give you a accurate temp. The motherboard temp is really accurate. I would recommend another temp monitor besides this piece of crap. http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,7309,00.asp This should do a lot better. If the temps still arn't correct. Motherboard Monitor lets you compensate the temp. (which means, you can tack on degrees to match you're exact CPU and motherboard temp. This monitor is very flexable and would recommend to anyone. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
ciku said:
I noticed in ur sig u wrote... "Asus P4P800-Deluxe (v1017.02 beta)" for the deluxe version, i only see v1017.01 the v1017.02 is for the non-dlx... pls re-check ur bios, i think u flash ur mobo with the wrong one... :)

I remember that i have download the the bios, from AsusUpdate.
Maby it was wrong from Asus? I have try and the version you say.
I dont have any problems with the bios. Do you think i must change the bios version?

@xTrEmEoVrClOcKr
When you get at the bios, the cpu is working harder and i have a rise to my temperature, about 3-4c (36c-38c from 30c-34c when i'm getting into the bios).

hmmm i suggest u use its the right bios, some of the features might malfunction due to incorrect bios...

ciku said:
hmmm i suggest u use its the right bios, some of the features might malfunction due to incorrect bios...

Take a look here:
http://www.station-drivers.com/page/asus p4cx.htm
(scroll down the page, until you are at P4P800 bios)

You will see that there is a 1017.02 version
The link from Asus is:
ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/sock478/p4p800/1017-002.zip

The same link is for the none deluxe version of P4P800, as the link shows.
The same is and for the 1016 version.

P4P800 link:
ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/sock478/p4p800/P4P81016.zip

P4P800 deluxe link:
ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/sock478/p4p800/P4P81016.zip

What is the difference? I remember i was update the bios, because it was for the P4P800 deluxe.

--------

If im gonna try to install the older version of bios, the AsusUpdate, dont let me to do that. It says that i must use the asusdos. I have try to do this, by copying the older bios into disk a and then start the pc from A, to install the bios, but it says: Invalid disk :(

I have Windows XP, ntfs format. Is this the problem? How im gonna install the bios?

Back