• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7 max-3 post but hangs at verifying DMI pool data

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bkn_1971

Registered
OK my system is new I loaded the chipset drivers then the os xp pro while tring to set up for raid 0 after a reboot it now just hangs in the verifying DMA pool Data cleared cmos but it still hangs any Ideas?

The system is Ic7 max 3 v13bios
antic psu
cosair mem
ati card/
maxtor ata 120
creative sound
two 37gig raptors

I have the same problem if I set the memory timings too tight or turn on some of the PAT settings...

What memory do you have? What memory timings? I would for sure set the last two options for the Game acceleration to Disabled.

I would also set the memory timing from SPD to manual and enter them. If it still doesn't go in then set the Cas to 2.5 (or one step down from where its at) and try again.

My IS7 does this only when I have the timings to tight or the Game acceleration on when overclocking.

You mentioned you cleared the CMOS so just go set the memory options and try again.

I go the same problem.. i have corsair pc4000 pro 2x512(i installed just now). and can't even use turbo... the timing is 3-7-4-4!!
F***ing Hell.

this seems to be a trend im using corsair twinx 1024-3200c2 pro and i cant use turbo either. dahells goin on??? paid more for the mem than i didn the mobo and i cant use turbo. timings are 2-3-3-6. havent tried to use pat without being oc'd maybe i will but im only oc'd 300 mhz on stock cooling. so my p43.0c is at 3.3ghz.
im looking for solutions too. i was first tipped off to this prob when i used the bmx benchmark from any maximum cd magazine. everything on my computer scored way up there cept for the memory which was a total shocker. i tried to figure it out but havent been playing with this stuff long enough to put my finger on it. i was hanging right after post so i reset my bios and everything was fine. then i went back to my 3.3 overclock still fine so i went to turbo and just hung after verifying dmi pool. i wonder if a bios flash would help this? i thought i had the latest but maybe i need to check.:mad:

yep theres a new bios from 13 that says it fixes the issues listed below...

Updated Prescott CPU micro code.
Added notification when no 80-wire cable is installed.
Fixed a problem where the system hangs if
- DRAM ratio is set to 5:4 or 3:2
- DRAM timing by SPD
- N/B strap CPU as FSB800

Updated Intel OSB logo�B
Updated BBS code.
Changed the default year to 2004.
Changed Prescott CPU Logo to "Intel Inside" at the request of Intel.
Fixed an issue where the system would hang at post code "AF" with certain memory modules installed.
Enhanced compatibility with certain non-RAID cards.
Enhanced compatibility with WD1200JB-SATA harddisk.
Updated SiliconImage 3114 RAID BIOS to version 5.0.31.
Updated INTEL RAID BIOS to version 3.5.0.3003.
BIOS compile date: 02/24/2004

hope it helps heres the link
http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/bios.php?categories=1&model=130

My memory timings should be good and i just got the 14 bios update. Corsairs site says my chips should do 2-3-3-6 w/ no problems. Defaulted motherboard settings were 2-3-3-8 so i set them what the ram should run at. But if i use any other setting other than auto it hangs. Even if i change my ratio from anything other than 1:1. Read a review that the MAX3 doesnt like corsair as much as it does kingston but dammit scottie these things cost me 280 greenbacks and the army doesnt pay us all that much! so now im wondering if i should go head and get this watercooling kit or find me another brand of ram???

Radeon 8500 DV
Antec P160 Case w/ 2 120's

Back