• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus 845gv

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tuvold

Registered
Hello Forums,

Could some one answer a question about this board? Would you be able to use a celeron for this? My brother wants to build a cheap system with good performance and small o/c ability to learn on.

Can get a good set up right now from new egg for about 700 bucks? Did some research on it from MBReview and its supposed to be an ok board. Would like to use a celeron.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Tuvold

Last edited:
I doubt if this motherboard has any provisions for overclocking. I built a computer for a friend with an Asus P4GE-VM and it only had settings for the fsb, no vcore settings, etc. If you want an economy board that is a good overclocker look at the abit IS7E. You may find a good deal on the newegg refurb section. I got an IS7 for $50.

Hey fhanderson

Thanks for the reply. My brother wants a speed demon machine but like most of us he has a sedan budget.:p

I will take a look at the abit boards. I had a bh6 bought in like 98 that pushed my celly to 550. My kid still uses it. Been kinda shying away from them since the warm start problems of the norwoods. Will look into it .

Thanks
Tuvold

Back