• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BH5 Voltage Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dropline

I have a set of Mushkin lvl2 Pc3500s but my motherboard will only give them 2.8v I can run 217x10.5 no probles but only at 2-3-3-11. I hear they LOVE 2.9v+

would a motherboard with more Volts on VDimm like a DMI that does upto3.3v be better for this ram?

I want to push my Overclock a bit more and trying to figure out what is holding me back.

Thanks.

probably, but im surprised u cant run tighter timings at 2.8v. that stuff is expensive and supposed to be speed binned. but since ive never owned bh5 maybe one of the other guys knows more?

I want to do that but there is no info on it for my board. I tried to figure it out and already killed one board. I can't afford to keep buying new ones when I do something wrong. :(

I had a search around, but am starting to think no ones ever done one for that board.

But I found a Bios thats been modified by Tictac, that should give you a extra 0.3v I should say, theres some risk using a modded bios, so if you didn't allready know that, don't just go ahead and use it, get some info and opinions, then make your choice.

If you want my opinion, yeah it will be OK, as long as its meant for your board.

It says F6 next to it, and I notice yours has F1 in your sig. Is that a revision or what ? You'll have to look into that.

Gigabyte GA-7N400-L Bios F6

I can't renember, is this the site that changed the rules so your not allowed to link to other sites ?:confused:

Heres the info from his site anyway:

Features
- CPU Internal Cache
- CPU External Cache
- Quick Power On Self Test
- Boot Others Device
- MPS Version For OS
- Boot to OS2 or DR-DOS
- System Bios Cacheable
- Video Ram Cachable
- ACPI Function
- FSB Spread Spectrum
- AGP Spread Spectrum
- Primary Master PIO
- Primary Slave PIO
- Secondary Master PIO
- Secondary Slave PIO
- IDE Prefetch Mode
- IDE DMA Transfer Access
- Power Management
- Video Off Method
- HDD Power Down
- Dimm Overvoltage Control : Add +0.3v option
- Memory Timing: add Aggresive option

Hope that helps.

TDF.

Last edited:
Already tried that, there is a post on this. There is a limitation on the Voltage controler that does not let it go any higher, maybe thats why there is no VoltMod for it?

When I tried the Tictac BIOS with the +.3 BIOS.
here was results...
NORMAL=2.63v
+0.1v=2.74v
+0.2v=2.84v
+0.3v=2.74v

ALSO with the newer BIOS the temps are WAY high and I like it to look like its running cooler. ;) I have played with F1(Started with it in box), F5, F6 and F7. I did nto get F8 before it was removed so I never tried that one. I am back to F1 being none of the Fixes in the newer ones have anything to do with what I am using it for.

I even learned how to MOD the BIOS myself and changed my F1 to have the +0.3v and was same as Tictak.
I used Motherboard Monitor and also Multimeter to get those results. MBM is 0.02v lower than on motherboard.

Last edited:
well, i know this isn't optimistic, but if you screw up your current board you could always consider an epox 8rda+, which can go up to 2.9 w/o any mods (that's what i'm doin now :D) - great board for OCing too, IMHO... ;)

thats why I am looking at DFI it will do 3.3v also 2v on VCore and 1.9v I think it was on NB. should get me closer to 2400mhz how close all depends on my CPU.

EDIT:
Speaking of screwing up boards go read my posts in Volt Mod section.

I've owned the 8RDA+, an NF7-S and the DFI Infinity: the Infinity destroys the 8RDA+ and wiped the floor with the NF7-S when it came to overclocking. The best FSB I could do on the NF7-S was 230MHz; on the 8RDA+: 215MHz; on the Infinity: 250MHz.

That was with the CPU Interface enabled, memory at 2-2-2-11. vdd was 1.9, vdimm was 3.3

~THT

Attachments

• 250-2-2-2-11.jpg
    250-2-2-2-11.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 103
I am trying to go with the DFI Board, just hard to convince the Girlfriend that my 4 month old motherboard needs replacing after I just spent all that cash on my Mushkin lvl2s and my BFG-5950u. I told her thats the last stuff I need for my system.

she usually would not care, but I have been out of a job awhile due to downsizing in the IT Industry.

Also trying to decide if Iwant to spend the extra $50 on the "LANPARTY NFII ULTRA B" or save a few and get the "NFII ULTRA INFINITY". I understand they are about the same, but the LanParty would look much nicer with all the other stuff I have in there were a RED motherboard wouldn't.

Back