• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this my memory, or? Buffalo PC3700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hario

Here I go again. This time, it is even more confusing than ever.

I have these Buffalo PC3700 DDR, 2x512Mb, with BH-5 chip. I used Abit NF7-S V2.

I can pass Memtest86+ without problems at 215FSB/DDR430 at 2-2-3(RtCD)-11 timing. I can pass all the default test for 36 passes, and about 3/4 passes on the extended test, but like always, it is not stable on windows XP, and Prime95

And, at 209 FSB (209.9 CPU-Z reading), I can pass all memtest at 2-2-2-11 timing no problem, but once again, not stable under windowsXP and Prime95

Question is: what might go wrong here? is it my memory, or? I'm frustrated here. And now, waiting for my other board to come, but meanwhile, any pointers?

test the cpu first to see if it is the culprit . if it isnt, hit it with as much voltage as possible. if it still wont run better, then test each stick seperately.

My only possible suspect is the chipset, but not sure about it too here.

As far as CPU, I know for a fact that it is 100% stable already, because I can pass Prime95 Torture Test for more than 12 hours straight priority 10.

Flapperhead, individual stick is always OK with memtest, but not Prime....., that's why I'm getting crazy now.

I have to mention that I have no problem at all with stability at 200FSB, but it seems that if I move up from 200FSB, problems occured.

So, is there any ways to test the chipset stability?

Back