• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$149 for 1 gig of 3200 w/BT D43 good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xception

Is that a good deal for this ram? I found some at a local Best Buy, in fact they had 3 gigs of it.

I was thinking about waiting to see if it would go on sale soon but don't know if I should wait if this is truly the highly vaunted hard to aquire ram. Actually this was one of the first places I looked so I doubt it is that hard to come by but just in case wanted you guys opinions.

Thanks

edit It must have been pc3000 as it didn't have any heat spreaders on it. ,

Last edited:
that is a great deal.. if it is late 03 or early 04,u can expect this ram to run around 260-265. at 2.8 2.9v. anandtech says this newer revision of the bt-ct and d5 hynix has been rebinned to work with lower latencies. it hurts the top end a little but makes it much more desirable for use with timings in the 2-3-3-5 catagory up to about 215-216. i have also noticed that they behave very closely to the ocz el pc4200(cas 2.5-4-4-7up to about 260)( although the ocz runs a little better cause it is hand picked).but for 150.00 compared to 350.00 you cant go wrong...

flapperhead,
Thank you very much. I appreciate your post as well as all the others you contribute to. Keep up the good work !!

Xception

Back