• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Everynite Lockups

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BWCorvus

Registered
Alright, here is my story. 3 weeks ago i bought alot of parts, and built a new system. I have one problem i just can't solve and i'm gonna set this thing of fire if i cant get it. Everynite about 2-3 hours after i go to bed, my pc just locks up. It doesnt do this tho, if i have alot of stuff running, only if i have a few things running(like mirc, norton av, refreshlock, windowblinds). When i run prime95 or memtest at nite it doesnt lockup. I have let prime95 run for 13 hours(during the time it usually locks up) and have let memtest run for 5 hours(during the same time frame).

Stats:
ic7-max3
3.2ghz p4 @ 3.6ghz(225fsb)
sp-94 & tt 75cfm 80mm fan
2x 512 ddr500 xms ram
1x sata 36gig raptor(boot sata1)
1x120gig wd(master ide1)
1x80gig wd(slave ide1)
1xliteon dvd burner(master ide2)
1xasus 52x cdrom(slave ide2)
ati 9800pro 256mb
2.625v(cpu) & 2.70v(ddr) & 1.55v(agp)
and then the normal mouse, keyboard,
printer, and scanner.

I know this system is overclocked but it locks up at default, and overclocked. I do have it shut of hard drives at 15min, and monitor at 30min(could this be the problem?gonna turn these off tonite).

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas to what is going on, please reply, if you need anymore info, please ask. And if this post needs moved, please do so, i have no idea where to put it.

Thanks,
BWCorvus

P.S. Thanks sony for the power supply suggestion works nicely

Might be a power management thing. I've worked on computers that have locked up after going into suspend (sleep) mode before. Disable that for a couple of nights and see what happens.

Thanks for the info, i dont have sleep mode on only the turn off hard drive and monitor option, I do have a bios option that that says ACPI suspend type: poweron suspend or suspend to ram. I have it on poweron suspend, but there is no disable option could this be it? I will leave the turn off monitor and hard drive option tonite tho.

Thanks again,
BWCorvus

Try disable the turn off harddrive option.

BTW, why do you leave it on, if it doesn't do anything?

BWCorvus said:
I will leave the turn off monitor and hard drive option tonite tho.

Man i cant type, this is supose to say, i will turn off the monitor and hard drive sleep option tonite(ie leave the hard drives and monitor on all nite).

Crotale it usually does do things, but i have been trying to get it to not lockup b4 i install all my crap, and start using it full time. Normal usage, only the moniter would shut down at nite, but i had alot of problems getting this thing going right, and had setup those 2 options, while i got it all straight(which may have actually caused me more problems)

Back