• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pumping voltage to the IS7 NB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ytoledano

Registered
Hi, I have an Abit IS7-E and the NB is limiting my overclock (after much testing). I had a P3 sink installed on it but I still get crashes on the Sandra memory bandwidth benchmark (at high FSBs I get crashes on regular work or even while Windows is loading (after POST)). I read that increasing AGP will also increase NB voltage and I want to know if it's also true for this mobo and more impotrantly, by how much I should increase it and should I expect my vid card to fry and die.

I've searched the web a lot and found many IC7 mods, but no IS7 ones and since the IS7 is more popular I'd think that if a mod was possible - someone would have done it.
Why did you increase vAGP for your system?

OK, that did it. AGP voltage at 1.65V fixed my all my problems. I just want to know how safe it is to run the computer all the time like this - has anyone heard of anyone who'd burnt a card like this?

hi,
is7-e rev1.2 here.
vchip is default low, 1,41v with load. (my p4p800=1.55v default)
i have mod my vchip to 1.65v switchable with a jumper.
but i have no change with this mod.
running ddr500, 300fsb etc....
increasing the vagp helps me better like yours.

At vVid 1.6 and 1.65 I get artifacts, but system stable. How do you know the voltage of the NB? and where did you find a vmod for the IS7?

Back