• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Me >> Asus P4p8x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrbum607

Hello, Im new to this forum as well as building my own PC. I have a couple of questions regarding my mobo which is the asus p4p8x on how to overclock it to 800mhz FSB. I just recently purchased it and also my P4 2.8 800mhz FSB processor. Can anyone tell me step by step on how to go about overclocking the mobo to 800mhz and how do you people calculate the FSB. Also when I install everything, and turn it on for the first time, do i haev to wait a while before overclocking it or can i just do it right away. Please help me. THank You

It is 800 Front Side Bus because of the processor but the frequency that we use to overclock at this time is 400.

It's a manual setting to overclock. It's not just overclocking the CPU itself but as well as improving the ram timing etc.

You should instal windows first before overclocking.

please read some of the other threads and you will find lots of help about overclocking for the first time.If after youve read some of the threads and still have questions, ask away.

Back