• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Epox 4PCA3+ and Prescott.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AudiMan

Anyone know how well this combo would work? I'll probably be coupling these two pieces of hardware sometime soon. The Prescott will be under a WhiteWater, cooled by a JR-120, with 1/2" tubing and an Eheim 1250.

I'm too is waiting for more people with this board to try out with the new prescott. So far I've only see one thread the guy try out the 2.8E on his 4PCA3+. His experience with the prescott wasn't all that great, I hope this board doesn't have problem with the prescott and hopefully it was just the prescott and all of it's bug.
But anyway check this thread below out:
http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65294

Great! Thanks. I'm surprised I even got a reply here. The Epox Intel section is DEAD.

the prescotts are the problem not the board. As of right now they are almost the same as the c chips, and usually get slightly outperformed by the c's.

Supposedly the prescotts have incredible potential, but as of right now they don't seem that great...pretty disappointing if you ask me. I was expecting an a64/ee destroyer.

I never expect great performers when it comes to Revision 1 of anything.

(Except Corsair PC-3500C2 Rev 1.1 :) )

Back