• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4c800e deluxe OC ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Always use manual. You will be able to do better than any auto overclock program could ever do. (At least for the next 25 years untill they develope some sort of real AI)

use the + and - keys on your number pad. for instance, if you want 1ghz fsb, you would set the value to 250 (P4's are quad pumped, so 4x250 = 1ghz fsb). you may need to change the voltage to help you get a higher OC, its probably on auto right now, you can go up to 1.7volts on the p4c800e deluxe because it has a voltage "droop" problem, in which over a certain voltage setting, its actually lower than it says, so 1.7 is about 1.65 in windows. but if you want to stay safe, never put it over 1.65 in bios. if you have a M0 steping p4, then you most likely wont need a voltage increase. i got mine to 3.3ghz on stock voltage. you may want to set your vdimm to 2.85, too.

gustav said:
use the + and - keys on your number pad. for instance, if you want 1ghz fsb, you would set the value to 250 (P4's are quad pumped, so 4x250 = 1ghz fsb). you may need to change the voltage to help you get a higher OC, its probably on auto right now, you can go up to 1.7volts on the p4c800e deluxe because it has a voltage "droop" problem, in which over a certain voltage setting, its actually lower than it says, so 1.7 is about 1.65 in windows. but if you want to stay safe, never put it over 1.65 in bios. if you have a M0 steping p4, then you most likely wont need a voltage increase. i got mine to 3.3ghz on stock voltage. you may want to set your vdimm to 2.85, too.
you know a guy could be having a hard day and be on hold for an hour with his mortgage company to tell them they have his tax amount doubled somehow so he has been paying too much and end up hanging up the phone in frustration after that hour to decide to deal with it later because his blood is about to boil and he is about ready to throw his phone thru the window.
and then someone like gustav gives him the information he has been trying to figure out for about a week. yes plus and minus keys are the way to do it manually. i didnt know that.
now i do and somehow feel a lot better because of it. thanks man.
you helped me more then you know.
;)

lol sounds like your having a bad day. sorry to hear that. yeah when i first got the board i started it up and installed windows and got things going, then, being this is my first system, i wanted to see what it would OC to. to i set it on manual, and went to the bus speed or whatever (cant remember what it says in bios). but anyway, i hit enter thinking i could change its value like the vcore and what not. i tried the up and down arrows. nothing worked. so i finally decided to use the auto overclocker. but that didnt impress me. finally i started hitting every key and finally got it. i felt like such a noob. oh well, live and learn. glad to see you can OC now. let us know what you get out of 'er.

im not having a bad day really, just a bad mortgage company.
very productive day at work despite homecomings best efforts to waste my time away.
i have been able to get the 30% with auto at 1.650 vcore which gave me a 4.16 ghz speed which was awesome but i may be able to go higher. i was stable at that speed and figured id like to at least go until i crash.
but this is awesome, now i got work to do, woohoo!!
:D

lol thats funny cause i just got mine going last night. it only took me about 5 min or so to figure it out but i was like damn why the hell dosent this thing work. btw how do i find out if my p4 has MO stepping. I set my core voltage at 1.60 cause i hear thats the best to set it for OCn but if i dont have to then thats all the better.

none of the 2.6 p4's have m0 stepping only the 2.4 SL6Z3 and 2.8 SL6Z5 but still they clock nicely with vcore and good cooling:D

btw dont change your vcore unless you need to i left mine at stock and have only just raised it to 1.55 after a couple of weeks burning in and letting the thermal interface set (artic silver 5)

yep yep. only 2.4 and 2.8 chips are M0 stepping. only raise the vcore if your not stable at your OC. if you download cpuz, it will tell almost everything about your cpu. get cpuz here

yeah i have it. i set vcore back to stock and 3dmark crashed after 1st test. turned it back up and its runnin fine

cool. no need to put it any higher than necissary. mine runs fine at stock. it runs folding (2 consoles), folding and prime (prime - In-place large FFTs, 1 folding console) and it plays all my games fine at default vcore. it just depends on if you get that lucky chip. although the M0 steppings tend to run a bit cooler and dont need as much voltage to OC. thats about the only advantage. they still have the crap-shoot as to how much they will OC, but most 2.4's can go to 3.0 or more. 2.8's you can see 3.3-4 if your lucky and have good cooling.

Back