• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Firefox question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dgk

I read the thread on Firefox and I'm trying it out. One thing that I find very distracting is typing. Right now, as I'm typing this, the cursor stops on the middle of the letter that I'm typing and that part is shown in reverse video. Very odd seeing a letter, half of which is in reverse video. On IE the cursor sits to the right of the letter so you can see it. I find Firefox's behavior very odd and I don't like it.

Is there some setting that controls this behavior or is it something that just doesn't bother folks?

Didn't have the problem when I tried it out, but there are quite a few little annoying bugs in the browser. Just enough aggravation to get me to drop it.

It's all cursor position settings, none of which I know how to change. I can stand Firefox's extreme closeness to the letter causing reverse-video, but Open Office's wildly far spacing drives my crazy. The cursor is usually almost an entire space away from the letter, and you end up having to check wether you've typed in a space or not sometimes...

Would be nice if people would agree on a standard of how far the cursor should be from the text :)
JigPu

It's all the fault of these lousy proportional fonts. Things were much better in the old days when a man was a man and a letter was a letter.

Back