• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Double Clicking Text Does Not Highlight Everything.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jay8oP

i dont understand why this is happening if i try to double click text in notepad ex: abc123, only abc highlights but not 123.

it was working on a fresh copy of winxp on a drive i had to rma, now i installed xp on a new drive but i cannot highlight the whole word anymore.

this problem is really weird because it worked on the rma'ed drive but not on a newer drive which both had fresh copys of winxp and nothing else installed.

click on he start of word then use shift and right arrow hehe

if your mouse still getting out of hand then just use arrows and shifts if you want to undo ctrl+z, cut ctrl+x, copy ctrl+c & paste ctrl+v note that the keys zxcv already lined up on your keyboard!

change setting of double click from control panel --> hit on classic view --> mouse settings

Cheers :)

hey guys, i can see how this would be really annoying... I use that feature all the time, and while it might not be much work to use a different method, its still a real pain to relearn something like that when your used to doing it one way.

Sorry to say i dont have a solution for you though.

i know its not really a big problem its just that its kinda annoying because i like to be able to highlight the whole word by just double clicking it and not having it stop at a letter like a tracking number.

Back