• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

File conversion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Remove

I need to convert files from MS Office Publisher to Adobe .pdf.

How do I go about this?

I have the full suite of Adobe software. Thanks for the links but those will only allow you to print in pdf format.

Anyone else?

Remove said:
I have the full suite of Adobe software. Thanks for the links but those will only allow you to print in pdf format.

Anyone else?

Shouldn't you be able to export from publisher in a format that adobe can import, and then distill it?

I can find no export links in publisher whatsoever.

My search for a distiller has been zilch so far. Ughhhhh!

Remove said:
I can find no export links in publisher whatsoever.

My search for a distiller has been zilch so far. Ughhhhh!

Not knowing publisher, isn't there a save as function?

If you have a full adobe suite, you should have Acrobat, which is the program that has the distiller to write/create pdf's. I know, cause my wife does it all the time. We just have Acrobat. I don't know all of the steps, but she does her desktop publishing layout in QuarkExpress, save's as something, and luanches her acrobat to bring it in and distill it to a pdf.

Can only save as .pub, .txt, .ps

I tried to add .pdf from sh@#$ and grins but with no luck.

I have tried importing the files in Adobe Illustrator, Writer, Photoshop, Image Reader, Photoshop Album and Reader with no luck.

Remove said:
Can only save as .pub, .txt, .ps

I tried to add .pdf from sh@#$ and grins but with no luck.

I have tried importing the files in Adobe Illustrator, Writer, Photoshop, Image Reader, Photoshop Album and Reader with no luck.

OK - I talked to the 'boss' (wife who does this for a living) I sent you down the wrong path with export/import, file save as. The 'boss' says,,
>you are in publisher with your doc open
>select print
>select printer from the printer drop down and select distiller
>then select ok - print
>if it works - your pdf file will be in the pdf output folder, by default, that would be in a directory where your adobe suite is installed.

hope this helps,,,,,,,,

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much. I spent 2 weeks writing 3 instruction manuals for work. My machine at work is not worth even turning on so I did all the work at home. I go to print out the manuals at work only to find out we only have Adobe software! I figured what the heck, I'll go to kinkos. What a joke. They had no way of printing it either.

I was going to go ahead and print it at home but we are talking 3 very extensive manuals with high detail color pictures, renderings and schematics. Would have cost me a FORTUNE!

Tell your wife (boss) that she is a wonderful lady and deserves a nice boquet of flowers. :D

Remove said:
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much. I spent 2 weeks writing 3 instruction manuals for work. My machine at work is not worth even turning on so I did all the work at home. I go to print out the manuals at work only to find out we only have Adobe software! I figured what the heck, I'll go to kinkos. What a joke. They had no way of printing it either.

I was going to go ahead and print it at home but we are talking 3 very extensive manuals with high detail color pictures, renderings and schematics. Would have cost me a FORTUNE!

Tell your wife (boss) that she is a wonderful lady and deserves a nice boquet of flowers. :D

whooyaah - dude - good for you, she uses kinkos file prep tool as well when she needs to do print ready stuff.

Glad it worked out and you can send me a paypal for some beers, maybe a few flowers for the 'boss' - :p

glad I could help,,,,,,,,,happy pdf'ing :D

Back