• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-8KNXP and P4/3.06GHz 533MHz FSB Setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Faytoe

Hello,

I'm just learning about building Comps, I know I have so much to learn. Here is my questions and specs on the computer:

Gigabyte GA-8KNXP
P4/3.06GHz w/HT 533MHz FSB
Kingston HyperX PC-3200 (2)x256 DDR 400 Ram 2-3-2-6 1T
Asus GForce 4 Ti4200

My question is this.. I know that Hyper Threading has been enabled, and also, it's show that memory is in Duel Channel mode, but I want to be sure that Im running (not overclocked) at full speed. As I view the Settings for Freq/Volt in the Bios, I see that the "CPU Host Clock" is disabled and under that in grey is 133MHz CPU Speed. The Memory Freq is on Auto and with that showing 333MHz. I just want to know if these are correct. I know the motherboard does a FSB of 200 MHZ x4 =800 MHz. Does this also go for the 133 Mhz I see for the CPU? 133 x 4 = 533Mhz. Seems like I could be faster. Could anyone help me with these settings? Also How do I know that my Memory is at 400 DDR?

Thanks Your for your help!

I have a similar setup as you and started out not knowing alot but learning as I go. With a 533fsb, your speed is right on. Your memory isnt running at its full potential right now, because your fsb is rated for 533 where as the dual channel memory you have can push 800(400*2). The thing you see on host clock is for the multiplier that is locked on intels, if I recall. If you want to bring it life, overclock it as you got the room to grow with that ram. Check your timing settings for your memory in bios, should be #3 or #4 in the main menu, after you have pushed control/f1. See if they are matching what the memory sticks say 2-2-3-6. Im running a 2.6C(800fsb)@3.26ghz now, with 2 sticks of 256mb pc3200 ram. Ive found alot of info on this site, on how to adjust the settings so just ask and look.

Back