• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Too much ram used when at idle

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

InfamousHindu

When i'm almost idle on my pc with just some apps running, my computer seems to take sooo much ram up, take a look at the screen shots. Anyone know how to fix this or whats wrong?

121408337rDBnjD_ph.jpg

121408403Mwyxqb_ph.jpg

Last edited:
I do not see, said the blind man.....

or is it

I see, said the blind man....

either way, the pics aren't working for me either

EDIT: Copy the link of the picture to the address bar and it shows up.

You have way too many things running. Also you have to consider that the graph show Pagefile, NOT actual ram usage. Your screenshot does show that almost 340MB of actual ram are being used though.

On a normal day, I have 36 processes running, you have 56!!! Try to cut it down and your usage will dwindle. BTW you have a bunch of Spyware/Adware running.

Last edited:
go to start then select RUN type in MSCONFIG and press enter...a screen should pop up then you should click the startup tab where all the progs start up....the deselect all that is checked and then restart and see what that does..you probaly have adware eating at your RAM...

Back