• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New version of xp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krazyvi3t

Registered
Does anyone know the officail date for the new version of xp, its suppose to be better and suppose to fix all thos damn bugs

Sophisticated said:
thats funny because thats where i got that info from

:)
I've found out that the dates are aprox from Bill Gates himself. He was on some TV show (can't remmember which one) and he said that Longhorn might not be released at the end of 2004/start of 2005...

"After much speculation and several leaked versions, Microsoft has confirmed when it will debut its next major Windows software release

Longhorn, the next major version of Windows for desktop PCs, will debut in 2005 and will usher in a new level of graphics for PCs, Microsoft executives said on Wednesday.

While Microsoft plans to release "a couple of beta" versions of Longhorn in 2004, the final version of the operating system won't come out commercially until 2005, said Will Poole, senior vice president of the Windows Client division at Microsoft."

Offical M$ Longhorn news release

After doing a long search...all news releases are saying the exact same thing....nothing about releasing it earlier then 05...some even say not to expect it until middle of 06...

Also, M$ is considering another update dubbed 'XP Reloaded', this will be after XP SP2...

krazyvi3t said:
its suppose to be better and suppose to fix all thos damn bugs

It may fix all those bugs but you can be sure that there will be a ton of new ones.

2006 is what I have heard at the earlyest and have you seen this yet ;)

XP Re Loaded

edit just noticed Glock posted this info already ;)

Last edited:
that SP2 is gonig to be out soon right ? im looking a buy a full copy of XP pro once SP2 is out, i was gonig to get it now but i figured id wait then buy it and get it all insted of downloading SP2

dead_man311 said:
that SP2 is gonig to be out soon right ? im looking a buy a full copy of XP pro once SP2 is out, i was gonig to get it now but i figured id wait then buy it and get it all insted of downloading SP2

You could always slipstream it but then when you install it from a burned disc you would get dirty looks from ppl and get called a pirate. :p

Microsoft usually fixes thier old bugs but leave you w/ new ones otherwise who would want to switch from an operating system that works to one that maybe works. !!!

oh boy i can't wait for windows to release a new version, to "fix" all those bugs :rolleyes:

Back