• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Most popular mobo 4 Intel cpu ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cozmo_d

Im going to be upgrading in a few weeks & need a good Intel mobo solution for a p4-2.4 and ddr 333/400 support.

this will be my first intel based cpu altho ive built a few older ones

I would like onboard lan/sound/8xagp. normaly I go with Abit but have had troubles with via chipset in the past.

anyone have any suggestions ?

You want an Intel chipset, no exceptions. The most popular are Asus and Abit, but Gigabyte and DFI both make excellent motherboards. Albatron is a bunch of ex-Gigabyte employees that are making some pretty good and inexpensive motherboards as of late, and MSI still does a few goodies on occasion.

The favorites seem to be the P4P800 series, the IS-7 series, and the AI-7 series.

I would get an i875 chipset. People seem to be getting the best results with an Asus P4C800 series, or the Abit IC7 series. If price is an issue, then the P4P800's are a good choice, as well as the Abit AI7 (High Vdimm)

After looking at all the above Ill probly go with the ai7

I like that p4c deluxe

thx for the help

Last edited:
Back