• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB 2.0 on XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fac_29

Is it possible to get my USB 2.0 Ports running without having to install Service Pack 1? I only got a real slow 56K connection and it will take me ages to download it so i'd rather just wait for the new Service Pack to be released but i just picked up a Saitek P2500 USB Pad for a bargain £2.99 from my local Gamestation store and wanna use it for my games, but it wont let me install my mobos usb 2.0 drivers without SP1 :( Anyone know of anyway i can get them running for the time being or am i just gonna have to give in and spend ages to dl SP1? Thanks.

A set of stand alone drivers was issued by Microsoft. For some reason they were pulled from the download site later on. Someone may know where to get them or have a copy to send you.

Thankyou. I will google for them, surely i'll find them somewhere :)
I've even tried getting the missing file(which obviously is included in SP1) it asks for when installing the Via Drivers i got with my board. It seemed to work fine(they say they are installed) but when i try to connect anything to the Ports they fail to install even thou they get recognised as being connected...
If anyone has the drivers that would be even better :)

I looked around on some old backup cd's I had and found the cab file.
It's about 300 kb and you will need a cab file extractor to get the files you want. If you'll PM me with an e-mail, I'll send them to you.

Back