• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

albatron bios update???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lowbaby

i have an albatron 845 pev pro.
i wanted to find if there are more overclockable bios out there and where to look.

Dunno about the PX845PEV Pro, but the PX845PE Pro IIs that I had would run a 800fsb processor reliably on all-stock voltages :) In fact, I could slightly overclock to 209fsb and it worked fine. Unfortunately, anything over 209 and it simply wouldn't post no matter what. I wrote a small "article" about my experience in the Other Intel Motherboards forum.

My experience with that board is the reason why I purchased the PX865PE Pro II board as well :) And again, I'm very happy with the performance and featureset for the money I paid. I actually just recently considered my current Alby for something like an IC7-Max3 or P4C800 or other top-end board, but I just can't find something with all the features I want or within a reasonable amount of money.

My only want to upgrade was to overclock further, but I'm finding out that this Albatron board is a very good choice for those wanting to perform volt-mods because of the unique opportunites the engineers left us ;) Vdd voltages derived from the 5v line, high-end load-adaptive voltage regulator that has tons of possibilities for droop mods and CPU voltmods, available northbridge voltmods, you name it.

Last edited:
Back