• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AI7 Bios16 Released

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arch

Get it here:

ftp://ftp.abit.com.tw/pub/download/bios/ai7/ai716.exe

New Stuff:
1. Please use flash utility AWDFLASH v8.24F to update AI7 BIOS.
2. Fixed the problem that the system cannot boot into Windows if
---A. The OS is installed in the SATA hard disk when both the SATA and PATA hard disk are present.
---B. The PATA hard disk is removed after the OS installation.
3. Add "CPU FAN Failed Warning" item.
4. Update Prescott CPU micro code.
5. Update Intel OSB logo.
6. Change the default year to 2004.
7. Add "Full Screen LOGO Show" and replace "Intel OnScreen Branding" item.
8. Update INTEL RAID BIOS to version 3.5.4.3003.
9. BIOS compile date: 02/25/2004.

I haven't tried it yet because it doesn't seem to fix anything that applies to me so I'm going to stick with version 14 for the time being.

Last edited:
Yeah, there are going to be some MAD updates for the AI7 and other prescott suported mobos. So if you arent having any problems, I suggest that you just wait until some really solid BIOS come out and stay steady.

Well, I decided to try it out anyway :) Change #7 is a huge improvement, you can now turn off that stupid "AI7" logo that pops up and now you can actually see the POST screen. Fantastic!

Also, despite the suggestion in #1, I updated using FlashMenu 1.33 from WindowsXP Pro and it worked just fine.

Be warned, if you have any profiles saved in the BIOS, they do NOT load correctly in the new one. You need to recreate them all. Drat.

I just flashed my AI7 to the new 16 BIOS using FlashMenu. I like being able to disable the logo screen too.

Ok so a user here says an improvement in oc of 275/218, 220/220 to 280/224, 235/235.

2.4C, AI7 BIOS 14 -> 16 and "noname" memory (will ask)

Haven't had a chance to do much testing, but I did upgrade to the 16 BIOS. Not sure if it has helped at all, but I can say that it is just as stable as with the 14 on my system. So at the very least, it seems it won't hurt at all. -- Paul

Back