• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Lock After Restart of Clean Install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PHILIP1193

This is a basic dilema, when i install my copy of win xp pro i install it and it all goes fine ill when i come to put my sata drivers in and my graphics card driver, i then restart and on the restart the bit where the bar goes across the screen goes very slow almost like frame by frame and then it lock and freezes and i resart again it same thing

The drivers im using are both the most up to date, my spec is in my signiture and if any one has any idea please tell me it worth a try.
phil

Did you install your MB drivers first? And did you check you boot order in the BIOS? It almost sounds like Windows is looking for a driver. Just let it keep trying to boot.

well, if im honest im not doin it a computer firm is but there keeping me informed and i am trying to f.ind out sum info for em. yeah they have installed the motherboard driver on and everything then benched it for 2 hours an dthen if they put the sata driver on the sytem wont boot into xp it just gets stuck in the load up bit. the bios is all soud but the driver or .sys file that is playing up is causing it to do this any advice?

Back