• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do I upgrade this P4PE?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CPanther2003

Registered
I really don't want to sell my P4PE MB. I've had it close to a year and it's worked great, down right rock solid. I'm running:

P4 2.4b
P4PE fully loaded ( sata, gigabit lan, the works)
(2) 512 sticks of Kingston Hyper X DDR333
(2) 80 gig hdd Maxtor
128 mb Nvidia GeForce TI4800

I want to kick this thing up to 800 FSB, but I want to keep 1 gig of ram if possible. According to Asus IF you decide to go 800 FSB you have to use 1 stick of ram. I found this on newegg:

1 gig memory stick at Newegg DDR400

Does anyone know if you can use up to a 1 gig stick with this setting or are you limited to 1 512 stick? Also is Transend memory any good?

Is there any way to use (2) 512 DDR400 or more sticks with an 800FSB P4 on a P4PE or do you have to use just 1 stick? I would like to keep using Kingston Hyper X or Corsair XMS if possible.

Worse case I could just buy a 3.06 533 P4 off ebay. I plan to upgrade my main system ina few months and move this mb CPu and memory to my 2nd computer anyway. I would just like to kick it up as high as it can go first, as long as it makes sense money wise.

Back