• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wild tangent

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Avg

Once went to play a game online and it required to install wild tangent since I don't like that kind of software in my system I didn't but it dowloaded something that starts up in every start up and limited accounts are getting a window that says that i need admin privileges to install it, hell i don't want to install it I never did I want it out of my pc, i have tried spybot which finds it in the registry and then it tells me that it is gone but it comes back again at start up.

i had that same probl;em with mine.....i used ad-aware and it got rid of it......also make sure it doesnt install amything without you knowing.....check your add/remove files and make sure there isnt anything that says wildtangent.

I used SpyBot Search & Destroy and it got rid of a lot of stuff, but one thing still remains... in my control panel I still have WildTangent Control Panel and I can't delete it... any ideas?

the ad-aware worked for me but it wasn't fully installed.

Yea I know WildTangent comes with AIM. Found that out after installing the latest version and finding WildTangent. Dang things.

Also, tonight I ran Spybot and went to download the new updates, and it locked up on me and now it won't open. Anybody else have that problem?

Back