• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Have firefox, uninstalled IE with IEradicator and now Outlook dont work :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Rotory

Disabled
This sux, I hate IE, but apperently I have to use it in order to be able to use Outlook :mad: hmm solution? maybe a different email program? anybody know of one thats as good as outlook?

Outlook or Outlook Express? Oh and what version of Windows? I use Mozilla but leave IE installed for things like this.. I don't have an icon for it on my desktop or anything, I just leave it installed for dependencies. It's not hurting anything if you're not using it : )

jajmon said:
as long as you have firefox, use thunderbird, from the same family - mozila, why use a virus/worm prone email app as outlook?

Its not the email program that makes it virus/worm prone. Its who you give your email address out to that does. I have used Outlook for many years and have never once had a virus or worm.

I'm majorily anti Microsuck so if as far as i'm conserd, Outlook is a virus itself and makes you have ugly green babies :p , If I like thunderbird i'll keep it instead. :D

Nope.. Windows Update is done by an Actie X control which isn't supported by either browser. ActiveX is what gives you spyware anyway : )

That's actually the only thing I use IE for is to run Windows Update.

Mr.Rotory said:
This sux, I hate IE, but apperently I have to use it in order to be able to use Outlook :mad: hmm solution? maybe a different email program? anybody know of one thats as good as outlook?

I've always liked Eudora, but lately have been using Pegasus . Can't compare them to Outlook, as I never use it.

Back