• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Burning DVD Basics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quarl

Registered
Ok does anyone have a basic guide on how to burn DVD's? I want to make backups of some of my movies and I have a 708A plextor. I have Roxio Installed and have downloaded DVD shrink. So I run DVD shrink and save it to the hard drive, then I do the Roxio burning and choose Disk Creator Classic to copy from the HD to the new disk. This puts the files on the disk and I'm able to view the movie but I have to open each chapter one at a time and the menu's don't work. The autorun doesn't automatically start up the movie etc.

Am I doing something wrong here or is this the best it gets? I've tried Nero 5.5 and that didn't seem to work at all. Can anyone give me a good step by step instruction on how to get it burned the right way so I don't have to mess with selecting each file in the disk to play?

You have to make a folder called Video_TS, put all the contents in there, then burn it to the DVD.

Nero does this for you automatically. ROXIO?? i gave up on them 4 years ago.

Go to MRBASS.ORG there are guides there, also DOOM9.org is good also.

Back