• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WildTangent?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mjmnam

what the heck is this thing. i ran adaware and it's like littering my entire computer. and not just like 20 or 30. i'm finding somewhere between 110 and 130 different related files.

It's some spyware/adware stuff. I found it got installed right after i installed the latest version of AIM. I usually stick with trillian, but i like having aim around just to check on stupid little things.

As soon as AIM started up, i got a popup (i wasn't even browsing the web!). I ran ad-aware and got the same thing you did. I can only link it to AIM myself.

ahh...yes, the newest version of AIM sucks....maybe it's reinstalling everytime my brother logs onto it.
i'll have to delete it.

it comes with AIM 5.5 and is spyware it will reinstall itseld unles su go in and COMPLETLY uninstall every compnenet it comes with, you have to uninstall, delete the folder, and run spy bto and ad-aware and i did a registry search to make sure.

Back