• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A few bugs in XP Pro my new system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

resoluteK

A few XP Pro bugs in my new system

Well I got my new system up this weekend and was just wondering if yall could help me iron out a few bugs in my windows setup. They're nothing major, just irritating I suppose.

For one, autorun doesn't work. When I first started installing drivers for the sound/vid cards and such cd's would then launch themselves, but for some reason this has stopped and it's a pain having to pick through the cd contents to find the right file to open every time. I did a forum search on this, and found that autorun can be enabled in the registry by changing the autorun value to 1. Well, I went there and it already was set at 1. Super. :rolleyes:

Also, for some reason windows always starts with the folder browser C:\program files\common open. What's with that? Make it stop! Make it stop!!! (joking, of course :) )

Any advice is really appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:
Go into My Computer and right click on the CD drive, select Properties, Auto Play tab. Now you can set it so it will do want you want for different file types.

Back