• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DD RBX, which nozzle?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GV2NIX

My DD RBX is on the way. It's being shipped with the #2 nozzle instead of the stock nozzle, but I'm wondering which nozzle will work best. I'm guessing since I'm using 1/2" ID tubing, 3 wb's and 2 rads in parallel that I should use either the #2 or #5 nozzle. Any suggestions? Does it make much of a difference? Here's a link to the nozzles in case you want to take a look. Thank you!

http://www.dangerden.com/images/rbx/accel_plates_rbx.jpg

"number six works the best"

erm no. 6 is blank :)

It depends on the flow resistance of your loop and the pump you are using as to which is best. It sounds like your loop has quite high resistance so i would say 1# or 2# would be best but the only way to know for sure is to try them. every setup is differant.

Yeah #6 is blank unless you mean I should use a single intake/outlet setup?

Well, here's what I got so far...

DD RBX CPU wb
D-Tek Chipset wb
DD Maze4 GPU wb
2 HW Labs 80mm rads parallel

Trying to keep the resistance down, don't know if I made the right choices. Also, I'm trying to get some input on the pump. I guess I'll either use a Swiftech MCW600 or a Mag 3 or something. Which nozzle would you try first if you had this setup? Still #2 or the funky directional thing #5. That seems like it would restrict flow a lot...

Does it matter if you end up trying/comparing both? BTW, does DD charge for the nozzle sub (#2 inplace of stock) & does it apply to any nozzle?

I suppose I should, but I'm a little nervous about opening up waterblocks as I don't want them to leak. Plus it'll void the warrenty.

Ok, the thing is, after I placed my order, I asked them which nozzle would work best with my setup. I don't think they like answering e-mails because they never got back to me. But anyway, they just shipped the RBX with the #2 in it and wrote something to the extent of, "#2 installed as you requested." I guess that was their answer although I was hoping for more information.

As far as I can tell, they didn't charge me extra for it. I'm assuming they'll put in whatever nozzle you want. Whether they will leak-test it and keep the warrenty, they didn't say. Hope that helps =)

P.S. D-Tek doesn't like to talk either. Trying to get my chipset wb but they're out of stock. They won't tell me when they'll be getting more in!

I think i remember reading in a review that you dont void your warrenty by opeing it up because it is designed to be customizable

Yeah, I read on one site that it won't, but then I read again that it will since they put that little sticker on it. But hey, I'm good at removing stickers without ripping them! Maybe I should just losen up and experiment, I mean that's what tinkering is so fun right? ^^

Take a look at the FAQ for the RBX on DangerDen's website:
http://www.dangerden.com/images/rbx/Danger Den RBX FAQ.pdf

It Clearly states that the warranty is not void when you remove the top.
Why is there a “Warranty Void” sticker? Every block must be leak tested at 80psi
before leaving Danger Den. This sticker provides you the assurance that this test has
taken place. All blocks are warranted for manufacturing defects regardless of sticker
removal. If a customer removes the top, it is the customer’s responsibility to leak test the
block before installation.

I opened up mine as soon as I got it and put in the #5 nozzel. It was easy and painless, and i never worried about a leak or a voided warranty.
Currently #1 is believed to be best for lower flow systems, #5 for high flow.
Taking it apart is easy, and the o-ring they have to seal it makes it extremely unlikely it'll leak

#5 is the best, there was an article about it in one site (don't remember the name).
search in google : " RBX #1 vs #5"

There is no "the best" for nozzles on the RBX. But each nozzle will perform differnetly from one set up to the next. It all depends on:

what pump you are using -
How many blocks/rads are in the loop -
total length of tubing used in the loop -

But I would guess the #2 nozzle you are getting will work very well with the setup you have described. the #4 and #5 nozzle were mainly for loops that only have a CPU block by itself. The other nozzles are for the multiple block/rad setups.

Yeah that makes sense. The review of #5 on the DD site was used only with a rad and a CPU block. I have 3 blocks and 2 rads, so that review may not apply to me. Also, I think I'm going to be using the MCW600, so I'm already on the low end in terms of water pressure.

Do you guys think the MCW600 will be enough for the setup I described above? Or should I go for a Mag 3/5/7? I want to get the Swiftech if it can handle it and I can get at least 1GPM because it's 12V molex. But, if it's going to cause problems I should face the music and get a better one. I'm not looking for a bargain pump.

I know people ask this question all the time and I it's the center of some controversy, but I haven't been able to decide based on the information provided in other threads...

I know nothing about the nozzles, I need to add this:

The mcw 600 is gonna put out more pressure than regular pumps, the mag3 and mcw600 are close compeditors with flow at the pressures we put on them. Just because the GPH is much lower, it doesnt mean the overall flow of the system is going to be lower. Theres no way you will actually see the full gph unless you have almost no tubing on it and running about 1ft over with no lift.

The pressure is the 'head' usually measured in feet or meters. That is the factor that applies most.

You woull be fine with that pump, probably just as good off or better off than with a mag3.

btw, the mag3 and 5 are virtually the same, the mag3 pulls ahead with the power consumption and dissipation.

Jon

Thank you for the comments! Although it seems like some of those pumps with the high GPH's are going to get crazy high flow rates, it seems like people in this forum aren't necessarily seeing the results. The head on the MCW600 is decent, but I guess with all the conflicting views on pumps I wasn't sure if the MCW600 would cut it or not, thank you for clearing it up!

So, I guess there's a sort of ceiling in terms of flow rates regardless of the GPH or head unless there's near-zero flow resistance. It seems like most pumps in most systems won't be able to get much over 1-2 gpm which is all that is really needed anyway. Does this sound accurate to you?

Oops, right, I meant MCP600, haha! Thanks~

By the way, is it a quiet pump? I'll probably be using the neoprene pad. Don't feel like drilling holes ==;

I have seen some reviews where the number 5 works the best. If you think about it number 5 is very similar to the white water cascade's nozzle which i think is the best block you can buy for watercooling.

Back