• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Complete kit available? Please advise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

situman

Hi,

Im new to watercooling and doesnt dare to venture into do-it-urself setups. Not at the moment at least. Just looking for a very good basic setup now. Please advise. Thank you. In the 200 to 250 price range ofcourse.

You're question does'nt have enough information.

What are you cooling> Vid card? NB? just cpu what?

What are you going to water cool for> Temps? Noise? some combination of both?

What case do you have? This will determine rad size and all kits vary.

What mobo do you have> Need clips? studs?

All major kits have strengths and weaknesses which are never a one size fits all so giving a recommendation "whats the best" w/o any information is immpossible IMO.

ABIT IC7
[email protected]@1.675v
Just CPU with some flexibility for future NB cooling.
Low noise and improved cooling (4ghz or more)
I have a Lian Li case with the plastic door in front, forgot what model number.
Noise not an issue since i can always change out the fans. I just want quality and performance.

Last edited:
What about the Asetek next to the swiftech? Swiffy is out of stock

How bout just making your own kit at DangerDen or something like that... Even with a "complete" kit you will still need little things too like TEF tape... hose clmaps... and some other things that will come to you as you build your setup. Just stay away from pre-made kits. You will end up wanting more as time goes.

ehh i dont want to mess with these things until i fully understand how these thgings work, thats y i want to start off with a complete kit. Pretty costly if i make a mistake.

Hey beer hunter can u link me to the peltier device or block?

I agree with ILikeMy240sx. DangerDen has some excellent kits for to start out with. I have a friend that uses DangerDen and he loves it.

jex

Can you post me a link to where i can take a look at the dangerden kit? Thanks.

http://www.dangerden.com
or
http://voyeurmods.com/

I'd also recommend the Dangerden Kits, as I recently purchased one through www.voyeurmods.com. The kit I ordered(Elite BX kit) included a GPU cooler (Maze4 GPU), which you may not include with yours, and a few other options, so your price should be a bit lower

I payed $253 shipped, and I'm loving it! It included the DD RBX cooler, Maze4 GPU Cooler, Hydor L30 pump, 1/2" ID Tubing, 120mm fan and Heatercore, and a Typhoon Bay Reservoir as well as plenty of clamps and fittings. The only thing I'd have done different is opted for the cylindrical res, just to cut down on tube routing. I'll switch to a T-line when I'm a little more comfortable with filling/draining the system. With this system you just place components, cut the tubing to length add distilled water and your choice of additives (I'm using Zerex), leak test and then you're off and running.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I think I will go wit the danger den kit from dangerden.com. Not sure should I get the hydor or the eheim pumps.

Just stay away from pre-made kits. You will end up wanting more as time goes.

This couldnt be more true. Right after i set up my koolance i discovered this forum, a week later my WC cooling setup was the bane of my existence because i realized id spent twice as much money as i would have a with DIY setup and and got half the performace.

later i also discovered i couldnt OC with my board... *breaks down and crys

Thats y im picking out the parts I want. I dont plan on getting the Koolance. Most of all Im looking to reduce noise on this thing. I would be able to get rid of four fans with WC imagine how much noise i would get rid of.

just be carefull when mixing parts from different manufacturers(1/2'' may mean id or od,,inner diameter or outer diameter)1/2 od, depending on the wall thickness of the tube,will have about 3/8 id,while 1/2 id should have about 5/8 od

k Thanks. 100 dollars for a waterblock from dangerden is kinda steep. Thats y im thinking about getting the swiftech one.

Back