• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

spring coming...blower or Rotron 6" fan??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VballCoach

with Spring on it's way I'm going to move my 120mm fan/shroud/rad setup from inside the closet. I'm going to build an external setup to keep on top my Sonata case. Here's my question...should I go with a blower or 6" Rotron Comair fan? Both will work with the external box. I just want it to be as quiet as possible. I'll still be cooling my XP2500 and FX5900. Pump is QuietOne1200 with 1/2" MasterKleer. I have a 200W psu that I can use in the external box if need be.

I may sell my rad fan setup and upgrade to a better radiator. Thoughts on the rad would be helpful too!

Let me know what thoughts you all have. Thanks!!

Depending on the Comair fan... it could be as loud as a banshee, or as quiet as a loud vacuum. They move a *lot* of air and are great for pressure applications, but are seriously louder than all hell.

Of course... it depends on which blower you are talking about using...

A trained rhesus monkey with a bellows!

Seriously... My vote is for a blower. I've fallen in love with them. I just asked one to mary me.

I'm using multiple 6" Comair/Rotrons, and I've got them pretty quiet. I'm using the 24v right off the 12v lines on a PSU, so they're running at half speed. They aren't inaudible, which I was hoping, but they are very silent (moreso than these SFII's on the lowest setting).

But from what I hear, the blowers are inaudible, except for the column of air moving.

Uberblue....You fell in love with a "blower?"..... Hummm........ Takes my mind straight to the gutter.

I've been interested in using a blower fan too. In order for it to work so that it forces air through the radiator, do you have to seal up the rest of your compy's case? Or is there enough positive pressure to create sufficient air flow through the radiator?

Back