• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to buy 1/2"ID - 3/8"ID Y fitting?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MameXP

Is there a Y fitting that the inlet is 1/2" the 2 outlets are 3/8" ?
If there is where can i buy it?

Thanks

Last edited:
You can stretch 3/8 ID tubing over the 1/2 in Y connectors. Just put the tubing in hot water and slip it on. Less restriction that way too.

Before I decided to go 1/2" ID all the way, I needed a 1/2 to 3/8 y-fitting, but there was none to be found. I searched for days, but there is no y-fitting that reduces. I agree that the best way is stretching over a 1/2 fitting.

I was messing around with some leftover Tygon 3/4" ID tubing I have, and it seems to be able to stretch over 1/2 no problem. If you're getting rips I guess you can use a reducer, but that'll provide more resistance as I'm sure you know.

ok thats my alternative solution. YOu know thos 3/8"ID tubing has thin wall and stretch like that can "possibly" tear the tubing off overtime.

YES! :eek: that is it!

oh wait its in US, how much would the shipping cost? Gosh i will call them to ask , i want to make them "mail" it to me.

yeah they cost a pretty penny, i think it was like 12 or 18 bucks for them or something like that when i ordered mine, but i wanted them, and they were the only place that had them, what are you gonna do? lol

Back