• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Transporting WC'ed rig to lan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wiseass

I'm attending a local lan here in April and recently setup my PC with WCing.

I've got a Evercool watercooling setup with the reservoir in the 5 1/4" bay, wondering what my best way to transport the rig is? Normally I'd place the pc in the trunk on its side, just wondering if this is adviseable or would it be best to drain, then carry a bottle of distilled water with me?

lol

I transport it all together, but I put it in the back seat on the floor, then lean the seat back and hold it in place like that.

This is one of my considerations for not jumping into watercooling yet (though mostly it's money problems). Aside from safe transport, how much does a full tower watercooled case weigh? I'm quite a weakling and would hate to risk dropping a lovely computer because it's too heavy to carry around.

1) My WC rig is fairly solid in weight, but most of it is from the Mag3 (couple of pounds at most). I can still carry it under my arm up two flights of stairs with ease.

2) When I transport my rig (I've got a truck), I put in on the seat on the passenger's side and use the seatbelt to keep it in place...never had any problems, since when you stop the seatbelt locks.

I traveled 900 miles in one day with my rig laying on it's side in the back seat of my Escape. Rather bumpy ride on parts of the highway too. Everything was fine. Just make sure everything is secure :)

Due to my res. construction, it leaks water at a slow rate when I lay it down. I could fix the issue if I wanted, but I like to pop the cap off to check levels, etc.

Yeah, but can a t-line feed my mag3 with an unrestricted 1" supply? Also, my system is rid of air in 60sec. and to drain, all I have to do is lean my case back...I prefer the res (need to get pics of my rig), but to each his (or her) own.

(Sorry about the OT in the thread)

I have gone to a few lan parties with my wc pc. I usually wedge it between my front and back seats with the monitor supporting the top of the full tower. It weighs a good amount but its not too bad.

Jon

If no one is going to be in the passenger side, put your computer up right on the seat and put the seat belt around it to hold the computer in the seat. This is how I transport my PC from back home(NY) to here (MI)

ILikeMy240sx said:
If no one is going to be in the passenger side, put your computer up right on the seat and put the seat belt around it to hold the computer in the seat. This is how I transport my PC from back home(NY) to here (MI)

Yep I do the exact same thing whenever I have to take my computer anywhere. I strap it in like it was my only child (it basically is :p ). One time I didnt strap it in and had to slam on the brakes and my case went for a little ride. Nothing was broken but now I always make sure its strapped in.

eeek i guess ill put mine in the back oh my dads car,since it has same seatbelts as front(we semi-lan with eachother)

ill go to his house...45 min away.....and ill show him my PC how much i overclocked,i also hit 2.5 GHZ in his basement since its so cold down thier(barton2500 slk 800 SF2)

i would go with the seatbelt thing

Back