• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have creative (encloser) bloc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pntgrd

I sit here with a Caprice core w/ 1/2" barbs, 4 Evercool 120's, a Sunbeam 5.25 bay Rheobus, a bay-res (because I had it and I thought it might work better in an external setup), and an Eheim 1250. I want to put it in an external and for the life of me, now that I have the parts, I cannot think of a design for an enclosure. I picked up a 2' x 4' sheet of 3/4" M-"something" (name escapes me at the moment) to build it with. Had this great idea about building shrouds into the rad and fan mounts. Wanted to put the res at the very top front with the fan controller right under it or something. All these ideas floating in and out for a couple of weeks now BUT, now I am in a blank state and I am just sitting here staring at the stuff with that old "Deer in the Headlights" kinda look. I don't want to get this any larger than it has to be. My desk already is home to 2 Antec 1000's cases, a 19" CRT, printer, scanner, Zip-drive, control unit for my Z560's, plus oth assorted junk. I have also thought about finding the right size Tupperware and leavin g the rad/fans sitting on top of the case and bolting the 1250 to my desk, but that isn't the answer, either. Is there any place to see what others have done in external setups? I need insperation.

[edit]
Let me ask a dumb question. Can you put the pump and rad setup say on floor level and then pump the coolant uphill to destop level. That would open some possibilities.

Last edited:
I don't see why not, you just need to get good air flow throw your radator. Make sure your pump can pump can handel that new set up.

Back