• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone WC'ing a Prescott Yet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

roocat1971

Registered
More specifically a 2.8 on an IC7-MAX3 or any other Abit board. I want to get an idea what the temps are at. My sig has my WC blocks and I use a 5.25" bay res with a BIX rad (push-pull blowhole) and an L30 pump. I idle around 39-42 and havent seen it go over 46. This is my first WC rig and to me this seems a tad warm. I know these chips get hotter then the Northwoods and Abit boards tend to report higher temps then they are. Thanks.

i'd say that maybe you need a bigger radiator, i have a caprice core, and i dump about 110 watts into it, and i get temps of about 40* c at full load with teh fans nice and quiet.

Gte a better rad, the prescotts put out a lot of heat, thats just the bottom line. Those temps are reasonable for the rad you have. Also, what are you running off that rad? If its just a cpu block, maybe thats high, but if theres a fsb block and gpu block on that same line too, then theres your answer...

Back