• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help on deciding setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rodney

Ok, so I have around $200 to spend on a watercooling rig. From what I've read, I think I'm going to go with a D-Tek White Water for my waterblock and an Eheim pump. However, later (a couple of months from now) I would like to add Northbridge and GPU coolers, and I read on Maximus' overclocking thread that I should go with 3/8" fittings and at least a 300 gph pump. The Eheim 1250 pumps over 300 gph, but has 1/2" and 3/4" barbs. So, what should I do? Should I replace the 3/4" barb with a 1/2" barb and stretch Tygon over it? Or, is there a pump more suitable for my needs?

Also, keeping in mind my budget, could someone recommend a good radiator?
Oh, and I plan to use a Bay-Rez (unless, of course, someone can convince me of a better solution).

Thanks for any help. :)

best bet is to just step the eheims 3/4" down to 1/2"...or use a heater to get your 1/2" really really soft and let it stretch out over it...i beleive that is what i did.

t-line is better than bay res in my opinion cause it is less prone to leaking and takes up less space. the 85 (i think thats the year, or its in the correct range) chevette heatercore is the best radiator and you can get it at napa or other auto parts stores. 1/2" fittings and tube should give you more flow and better results with a whitewater. another good pump is the danner mag 3 pump. its cheaper although i hear the eheims are the best quality.

Back