• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

To watercool or not (Chilli Prof Case)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShaDrag

Hey all, I've got a Chilli Professional case, which if you arent familiar with, its F*CKING small... I was previously watercooling this with a small external setup that I made, but I wanted my case to be smaller....so away went the water. Now I'm running a new CPU which seems a lot hotter than my last.

With the computer all together and the psu fans reversed to blow right on the zalman 7000alcu I got my load temps for 3.6Ghz and 1.55-1.6v are around 60-63C. I don't really mind these temps as long as its stable, which it seems to be. The problem is that all the cpu heat then pours onto all of the other parts and heats up the whole comp, which I dont like and neither do my HDs.

I am contemplating trying to get internal watercooling into this case, I think it would be doable, but difficult. I would have my normal drive cages (2x 5.25" and 2x3.5") hold my 1 dvdrom and 2 hds, then the bottom front of the case could (*hopefully*) fit the pump. I've already got my maze3 cpu block with barbs angled so it should fit.

The last part is the rad...I had a BI Pro (I am currently testing with a friends BI Extreme and load is about 40-41C hella better than 60-62C thats with an aluminum 120mm at 8v) I am going to test to see if my BI Pro does decent enough to justify all this work. The case has a 92mm exhaust in the back, but I would modify the back of hte case so that I get rid of the 92mm and 3 pci slots in favor of a 120mm hole for fan and rad.

The 120mm fan would be the exhaust for the case and the rad. The enermax psu I have would either also be exhausting like normal or reversed like it is now (depends on if my mosfet temps get too high). I also have a 6.5" hole in the side of my case (previously a window) which is where some intake comes from when all my fans are exhaust (actually works well)

For anyone who doesnt know the case this might be hard to visualize, I'll try to post some pics later.

WHat do you guys think? BTW the water doesn't help my overclock at all, but it should make my entire computer quieter and cooler. Damn that's alot of typing.

Last edited:
I just tried replacing my friends BI Extreme with my BI Pro, its been priming all day and the temps are even a little better (probably due to more pressure holding the wb on because I tightened it). Currently getting 37-38C load priming for about 4 hours (2 instances). If my temps are this good I may just have to cram it all in my case after all.

Put my zalman back on (outside of the case) and Im getting 52C load. I kinda like the water...

Hm, if anyones interested I've actually got it completed now....

Sadly no temps cause my mobo seems to have lost its mind.....I am starting to get annoyed, all mobos should die!

Back