• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microsoft Outlook Express

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bluedude2288

Hey, I am having a problem, when I check my email in OE, it works fine, except when I go to write mail or open an email into a seprate window, double click the email, it says first, adress book failed to load, it says this only once for each time I open OE, then it says "there has been an error opening this message" and "there was an error", and won't open them up, I have searched the web, found many differnt solutions and still no luck, I have tried uninstall and reinstalling from add/remove programs under the windows component tab, no luck, searched Micro softs knowledge database, no luck with any solutions, went back in time with the system restore thing, no luck, what I'm looking for is, someone who has solved this problem on thier computer and know how, or a .exe to reinstall OE 6, I have tried the SP1 update for internet Explorer 6, but its already installed on my sytem and it won't run again, any help? :eek: :( :eek: :(

Assuming that you have W2K or XP, did you try to do a repair? I sounds like you have a corrupted file. Both OS's will look for corrupted files and repair them.

I was going to try repair, but I heard at Microsoft that doing that completely reinstalls the OS, and I'd have to reload drivers and some settings.

Back