• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Danger Den waterblocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Digital_Cowboy

For those of you who have them, what can you tell me about them? I am thinking of ditching my Exos and going all internal. I like the looks of the dangerden cpu/gpu blocks. Also, I've read that internal w/cooling runs hotter than external(Exos). Is there a setup that will disprove this theory?

Digital_Cowboy said:
For those of you who have them, what can you tell me about them? I am thinking of ditching my Exos and going all internal. I like the looks of the dangerden cpu/gpu blocks. Also, I've read that internal w/cooling runs hotter than external(Exos). Is there a setup that will disprove this theory?

With decent air flow through your case, their about the same. It's a bit harder to get a good flow of air through your case but it's do-able. I did get better temps with an external setup but only because I got a better air flow through the rad and the case was on the poor side for air flow.

The DD blocks are really good and well worth the money. Dtek is just as good. Really depends on what your willing to spend. The only thing I didn't care about DD was the socket hold down clamp. Seems they get the top plate upside down somtimes. Other than that, no real complaints from me.

Also, I've read that internal w/cooling runs hotter than external(Exos). Is there a setup that will disprove this theory?

Most setups will, if the radiator is in a good position. It isn't too hard to get a good position, with unrestricted airflow. Also, make your rad fan pull through the radiator.

I dont thinnk performance between external and internal makes much diference provided that you are getting the same kind of airflow in each case... If in both cases you let the HC be in contact with ambient temperature then it should be pretty much the same...

DD RBX looks good

Thanks for the replys. I'm thinking of switching and like I said, those DD blocks look good. What about Radiators, should I go 2x80mm, 1x120mm, 2x120mm(way too big)? If I go 1x120mm radiator, should I put 2x120mm fans on it(one sucking, one blowing)?

Heater core!!! It's the best option. DD has one, and it's got the barbs already on it. 1X120 is the next best (overall, not performance wise) with the 2X120 next. One sucking/one blowing will be a good choice, I believe. The WhiteWater may be a better CPU block choice, being easier to mount, a better performer, and slightly cheaper.

Heater core or thermochill all the way thermochill will hand 3 120mm fans :D

Ok, next question. Should I mount the rad to the top of the case like most people? Or should I move my HDD's and mount it on the front of the case?

Digital_Cowboy said:
Ok, next question. Should I mount the rad to the top of the case like most people? Or should I move my HDD's and mount it on the front of the case?

Mounting at the top will be a pain to bleed. That's where i have mine and it's a pain but was better for tube routing for me. With a good airflow through your case either one will be good but most cases get better airflow from the front of the case. I have a full tower case with great ventilation so my case temps are at outside air temp. A mid tower case might not allow that better case air flow so then the better option would be at the front bottom of the case. What is easier for you with the least amount of tubing. With the rad in the front pulling air into your case through your rad will generally give you higher case temps with better cpu temps. With my case I didn't see a change in cpu temps with either setup except for the higher case temp but I opted for the lower case temps. Each case is different though I think. If you do mount it at the top, be prepared to unmount your rad to turn it up-right to bleed it everytime your system apart.

Last edited:
i have a maze 4 block, and i'm happy with it, full load temps are about 102 degrees farenheit

with a caprice classic core, and a mag 3 and 2 120mm fans running silently

Back