• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heater core ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diehrd

Senior SMP Gawd
Hi guys question:

At the local part store there is a heater core 11.5 tall and 5 and 5/8 wide.

It fits my case and the stems come off straight back. Would this be sufficient for a dual processor system.. I have 2x120mm fans for it as well...

Yes. Well, probably. I would estimate a thermal resistance of 0.02 C/W, and if you add up your watts and multiply by that, and add your room temperature onto that, you will get your approximate water temperature in degrees Celcius. If that's good to you, then it's good enough.

How can I figure the total watts per processor ?

sweet thanks I will end up way cooler then I am now ..Water rules lol...

That is not your CPU temperatures. That is your approximate water temperature. You have to work the waterblock's effectiveness in there as well, but if you like those water temperatures, that radiator is fine.

That was col of you I am pretty happy with the temps it indicates. It appears I will be in the mid 30c levels range. If I end up at 40c I would be extreamly happy .... Thanks again

Back