• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some help with my setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DragonFire

I just redid my whole setup by going from 3/4 to 1/2 tubing. I have a Maze4, Mazae4 GPU and a heatcore all from DangerDen. I got my 500Gph inline pump from Petsmart (reallly nice one). Anyways.....

My problem is Im having probelms with very slow leaking. First it was the connecton on the heatcore from the output of the pump. It looked as if the water pressure was go great that it was forcing the hose to expanded. Used a hose clamp and it stopped but then I noticed the same problem where the hose connected to output part on the pump itself.......GRRRRRR

Now I have its ver slowlt leaking where I had to join to hoses togeather because I didnt have enough for a str8 run.. Would I be right in saying that my pump just has to much pressure even tho there are two waterblocks in the loop?

Would putting it into a res as a sub pump help at all? Ideas?

No... if you took proper measure such as using TEF tape on all threads and hose clamps on all connections, water should not leak... Ive never heard of a case where pump pressure was so great that water started leaking out....

Are these barbed connectors we are speaking of? Did you overtighten the hose clamps? They aren't perfectly round, and can cause the tubing to stick out at one place, if you overtighten.

Back