• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got my new refurbed NF2 LanParty B

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-=Ambush=-

Got it in today from newegg. $105 shipped, not bad eh?

I just hope it's not a dud, It looks ok externally, and even smells new, so hopefuly thats a good sign:D .

Anyway I can't fire it up for a little bit, I'm going on spring break and I also need to wait until I get the thermaltake neo plate for my sp-97.

But what is the RMA time for a refurbed product from newegg? I think it's 15 days,m so that laves me with only 5 days or so to test it and see it it's a dud or not.

But I can't wait to test it out w/ my moblie barton and muskin RAM :cool:

nice choice - most refurbs are just boards that newbs couldn't get to work and RMA'd; either way IMHO the dfi is worth it whether it's new or refurb'd as I've bought several.

Just fired it up, I couldn't wait!

Right now I'm at 200x11 @ 1.65V w/ my mobile barton 2500+:eek: Priming now.

I did notice that I have the bad soder problem, but once I get my sp-97 on, it shouldn'ty be a aproblem. I have my old volcano on it now so the temps are pretty high....37c at idle. :mad: But diode says 24c at idle :confused:

So what MBM setting sould i use, the socket seems way off, and my voltages are WAYYYYYYY off.
+12 is around 10.5 and my +5 is about 1.2 !
:eek: :eek:

A little help?

Yeahh....well this isn't good.

I just went into the bios and the cpu temps was 38c. Ok I can buy that my crappy volcano is not nearly as good as my sp-97.

But.....

The bios also said the +12 rail was 10.6! Dang it though it was a MBM problem!

I tried all the "standard" settings 1-6 on MBM for voltage, didn't resolve anyting.

Man, maybe it is RMA time....

Thats what happened to me and my referbed BH5. Fortunatly Im getting a new set from Mushkin ! :D

Maybe you can give DFI a call and see if they will give you a new one. U do know that the manufacturers warrenty applies to referbed stuff.....right?

Well I think i know what it is. My Asus A7N8X dlx rev 2.0 didn't have a 4 pin power connecter. the LP does and I quote from the manuel:

"The 4-pin power connecter enables the delivery of more +12VDC current to the processor's Voltage Regulator Module (VRM)."

So I just need to connect that puppy to the board and all problems should go away.

This is however a pain in the ***. For one its hidden beneath the side panel of my case and the sucker isn't sleaved!

But at least I think I found the soloution.

I wish I could do this now but I'm about to head for Key West :cool: :cool: :cool:

Will see you all in a week!

Yeah the DFI board requires A LOT of juice; fortunately once you use the 12 volt your problems should be fixed. I myself wouldn't try to use this mobo with any cheap PSU.

Back