• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how hard is it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

voodoothenoob

to mod a gpu block to a corsair hydrocool? what parts do i need and what do you recommend?

thank you in advance

Do you mean to modify the hydrocool's GPU block, or to get a commercial GPU block and add it to they hydrocool system?

get an aftermarket gpu cooler and add it on to the hydrocool. I know it is 1/4 inch tubing but what exactly do i need to buy and is there a brief how-to anywhere? i have a 9800 pro vid card, what blocks would be best? i know it is probably really ez, i just need a little hint...lol thank-you

There are lots of good blocks out there. Examples are Dtek, Swiftech and Danger Den. Going from 1/4 to 3/8" Shouldn't be too large of a problem. I couldn't find anything that would go down to 1/4" ID on Swiftech's site, so you might try digging around the hardware store. They should have enough fittings to make an adapter. Try Ace Hardware, Lowe's and the like.

Why not use Corsair's GPU kit for the Hydrocool? It uses the same 1/4" barbs as CPU block. Also, it has a nifty mounting kit that should work well with ATI boards.

KK

if they had 1 i would....but i have not seen any 4sale and the corsair forums say they dont have...if u know where to get 1, throw me a bone...lol

so any gpu block will work, just buy some fittings and tubing?

Back