• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows media license...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Agent Z

I need to play a windows media movie on another player....becuase the winblows media player will not let me...says i need a liscence....is there another player that will let me do that?

or a program that will convert it to an avi or somthing?

or could someone point me in the direction of a good avi recorder?

thanks

Last edited:
Hmm...that protection was designed so that it could only be viewed with a license. Thus, the reason it was licensed. There may be a program out there that does it, may probably won't be very good nor mainstream.

Hmm...those kazaa adult movies ;) But seriously, I tried researching this for you, and I get nowhere. It just keeps saying that you need a license, period. Have you tried converting it? The program might not be able to even do that since it can't read it without the license. My suggestion would be to move on. I think it would be big news if there were such a player, and would no doubt be taken offline very fast.

Yeah,
I found this website that you can download movies for like 2 bucks and you can view them for 24hours...i was trying to convert them to avi or mpeg or soemthing so i could keep them since i did pay for them..but thanks anyway.
-Paul

Yeah, shame you can't. But...I suppose that's their point...eliminates piracy. Personally though, I think all those online movie websites are useless.

For only $4...why not just go to Blockbuster and rent the movies? It'll be full screen, and they don't have anti-piracy protection. Not that I condone that... :)

heh yeah..i just thought that you can download it and then you had a copy.....but yes blockbuster is the better choice...
thanks again..

Not that you would ever copy a tape rented from Blockbuster ;)

Although, it's quite easy and simple to do. The rented movie and a blank tape costs about $5 combined. Not that I would know...

But from a legal standpoint, at most Blockbusters you can buy VHS tapes for about $5-7. These are the full tapes in the box. With DVD's being the current norm...tapes are going at crazy prices.

Or you could just join Columbia House...get the 5 DVD's sent...and not pay the bill. I've heard of people getting thousands of DVD's this way...

PS: The people were all arrested and are now in jail...but don't let that defer a dream! :)

Nice! Closest I got to good speakers was when I borrowed a 2.1 system that actually had a seperate sub. Although, it sucks because I live in an apartment...so I basically can't play anything...even at the lowest settings. I have a 240 shelf system...and can't turn it up past 3...and 3 is horribly quiet!

Back