• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows XP hard drive labels C:\ D:\ etc..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Max47

lol well me and the operating system had a fight the other night. Unfortunatly i won and the CD lost, well luckily i have my moms OS here and im gonna use it until i can get a different one.

But back to the point. I had to format everything because windows was being an A$$ and didnt like the way i set things up. Well upon repartitioning, formating and installing I set my RAID0 array as C drive for the partition and i set the 160gig as D, well now something strange is going on. When i boot windows from the 160gig the RAID0 array is indeed C and the 160 D as i normally set it BUT when i boot from my RAID0 array my 160 is labeled C and raid0 array is D..

Basically what im asking out of all this is there any way to change what Letter the hard drives is labeled as other than making new partitions? I know this might seem simply pointless and wondering why in the world it would matter. Well to answer that its not a big deal but alot of programs/patchs/downloads whatever extract defalt into the C drive it saves me the headache of accidently installing something on the wrong drive

Thanks everyone

hm, i think an OS would automatically make the drive it sees as the boot drive C:...2K has a disk management, i think it lets you do that, maybe XP does too.

Back